Skip to main content
Topic: Atwood Hydroflame Furnace (Read 1995 times) previous topic - next topic

Atwood Hydroflame Furnace

I am beating my head on the wall.
I took the front furnace apart to repair, lube the squeaky motor.  The burner in the furnace is burnt up and I need to replace it.  I have checked with the most logical places, American RV, PPL, CW etc and find that it is discontinued.
Any Ideas ? Any one have an obscure source.
Model Number is 8535-111
Thanks for any help
Gary B

Re: Atwood Hydroflame Furnace

Reply #1
Gary,

I would call Atwood.
1-800-825-4328.
JD.
John Duld
1995 U320C SE 40'

Reply #2
That failing, try the RV Doctor at: RV Doctor George  They are good at recommending other sources if they don't have it.

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #3
Howdy Gary,  You might try Colaw's RV Salvage..

We Have Your Part... | Colaw RV Parts and Salvage

Good Luck, Dave A
Dave and Nancy Abel
'00 U320 36' WTFE  Build #5669
'10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Livingston, TX  SKP's Fulltiming

Reply #4
You also might check with Visone rv as they have a very large yard of salvage units and are in Ky south of Lexington about 60 miles. We were there in Sept 2012 and saw probably at least a hundred units there. I had one that I sold about 2 weeks ago wish I still had it so you could have gotten the parts from it
previous 1984 35 ft ORED 250 HP 3208 Cat       
previous 1998 40 ft U295 CAI 325 hp Cummins
previous 2003 40 Ft u320 build #6140 450 Cummins M11.                                                         
1999 Mazda Miata
Ron, Nancy, Tipper the cat, Max The dog
1997 U 270 36 ft build number 5174 8.3 Cummins

Reply #5
Got a reply from Atwood t'day, they state that furnace is obsolete and inventory of parts has been depleted.
I suspect that a salvage yard unit would have a burner in the same condition as mine.

Gary B

Reply #6
I see some dealers trying to sell a 36043 as an interchange for the 32811.  Atwood tech said they are not interchangeable.  The 36043 is from an earlier unit.  The search goes on.
Tom and Linda
1995 U280SE #4636

Reply #7
Gary,
Maybe Encore RV acquired some heater parts when they bought Fortravels old stock?
John Duld
1995 U320C SE 40'

Reply #8
Gary,

Perhaps these folks can help?

Atwood Furnace Catalog - Atwood Furnace Parts

Keith
Keith, Joyce & Smokey the Australian Cattle Dog
1995 U320 SE Extreme 40' WTBI Build # 4780, with a Honda CR-V hopefully still following behind.
Motorcade # 17030
FMCA # F422159

Re: Atwood Hydroflame Furnace UPDATE

Reply #9
After much searching and the assistance of Bill W and Gary O I have this furnace back on line.
The 8535-111 front furnace is obsolete and Atwood no longer is making parts for it.  I needed a 32811 Burner as it was burnt up and Atwood tried to help but stated that there were no longer any  burners in inventory, and that other burner numbers were not compatible.  I was able to find that there is a burner/electrode kit still available that contains the correct burner its part number is 38548.  I found one at American RV for 18 bucks, and shipping was another 12 bucks. I also found during my search that the 32811 burner will also fit the 8535-11 furnace which in my case is the rear furnace.
The alternative to replacing the burner and lubricating the motor was a new furnace at about 1300 bucks.
What started all this was a squalling motor on start up.  These motors are sealed and supposedly cannot be lubricated.  What I did was remove the motor and soak the bearings liberally with a penetrating oil that I have had for many many years, after about four liberal applications the motor is free and quiet.  An alternative is to drill a very small hole in the motor casing at the bearing and apply a lubricating oil Thru it.
If you decide to service your Atwood Furnace you are welcome to call me or Gary O for tips on how to disassemble this beast, it ain't easy but it can be done.
Gary B
And as information, I called FOT three different times while searching for parts, I left messages twice and I have yet to get a call back !!!!!  A call to MOT was answered immediately and try as they might they could not locate this part.