Skip to main content
Topic: Tesla hohe battery (Read 211 times) previous topic - next topic

Tesla hohe battery

We were talking to a friend last night that just came back from a solar power show and was discussing the new Tesla battery system for home/off grid use.  If the size/weight/amp hr/cost  would work out it may be what the dry camping RV person has been looking for. They are scheduled to do a big unveil in a couple of months and be in production within 6 months. Here is a link that he sent us to look over. Thought some may be interested even if you put it in your home base house if solar is an option for you.

Tesla Home Battery On The Way | CleanTechnica

Pamela & Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Re: Tesla hohe battery

Reply #1
It may be closer than we think it is.  I just read that A.M. Solar is now offering lithium batteries with their solar systems.  They would not do this and risk their reputation if they had not researched it a lot.

Also, Technomadia have been running Lithium Ion battery pack in their old bus for 3.5 years now.  Their reports on it are very interesting.

I think 5 years from now Solar will be a much more practical and financially viable option for RV's.  The solar systems will be less expensive and better efficiency, and the storage in the batteries will be lighter, much stronger, and maybe cheaper per amp/hr than they are today.  Very interesting to see how progress is going faster and faster.
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Re: Tesla hohe battery

Reply #2
" ted n karen.. a viable option for RV's.  The solar systems will be less expensive..."

Think house.. in moderate climate.. solar charging a battery. What uses more than a 5000 watt inverter?

AC.. 220v water pump
The selected media item is not currently available.
My advice and experiences are Free, you decide if they are worth anything .

John - driving Old Faithful
1994 U280 GV
C8.3, Banks, Pacbrake, 900 watts, Resonator, XLHD tow dolly
Retired Army Warrant Officer

Life is what you make of it - if it is lemons, make lemonade!
Former Coaches:
1988 GV 40' ORED 300HP CAT - 9 years
1990 Winnebago LeSharo - 3 years
2000 Newmar London Aire - 3 years (#18 of 23 produced)